Multiplot Studio v1.5.29
This is a complete replacement for Multiplot. It has been completely rewritten from the ground up. See preview documentation for further description.
Some key improvements/additions vs the original Multiplot:
- Direct reading of GCTs (no need for MultiplotPreprocces).
- Major reduction in memory requirements.
- Save/Load entire workspace.
- Up to 4 plots at once.
- Independently resizable plot windows
- User can specify exact resolution of copied/exported images.
- Export to SVG format for publication quality plots.
- Alternate display formats for fold change values (e.g. as percentages, log2 fc, ±symmetric, etc.)
- New calculations (std dev, variance, delta factor, ANOVA).
- Additional scope options for existing calculations.
- Option to plot rank of a calculated value instead of the value itself.
- Improved GUI - much more efficient use of screen space.
- Multiple data selection modes (elliptical, freehand, polygon).
- Improved tooltips for mouseover of data points.
- Quick search by probeID or gene symbol.
- Create highlights/filters from lists of gene symbols.
- Batch creation of highlights by dragging multiple TXT files (containing probeIDs or gene symbols, 1 per line) onto workspace.
- Add probeID/gene symbol annotations directly to plots (move by drag-n-drop, customize appearance).
- Add fold change guide lines to any plot containing FC or d-factor values.
- On-the-fly calculation distributions making it easier to find appropriate thresholds for filters/highlights.
- Heatmap for selected subset of data points.
- Edit filters/highlight criteria without having to remove/re-add them.
- Clone filters/highlights.
- Per-plot activation of filters/highlights (apply to all plots, or only some).
- Reorder highlights to determine which points appear on top (for highlights that contain overlapping items).
- Advanced shading options for data points - color points according the intensity of some calculation (or by density).
- Polygon mouse selection acts a little strange at times (temporarily disabled until resolved).
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
NOTE: This module can also be run as a stand-alone Java desktop app by extracting the ZIP file to a separate folder and double-clicking MultiplotStudio.jar.
- Scott Davis
1.5.29 - Oct 9, 2014
FIXED Various bug fixes.
1.5.20 - July 8, 2014
FIXED Several bugs related to the data browser/heatmap.
FIXED IDs with commas and spaces can now be used in ID-based filters/highlights.
FIXED Update density calculation to be based on only those probes that are currently visible after applying all active filters.
FIXED Various bugs/glitches related to creation and editing of highlights/filters.
ADDED Added histogram plot to highlight/filter editor.
ADDED Export (copy/save) rank & histogram distribution plots via right-click.
ADDED Summary of number of missing values for a given calculation criterion in highlight editor.
ADDED Export current data from heatmap to CSV.
ADDED Some additional calculation scopes.
MOD General performance optimizations.
MOD A bunch of other stuff.